The smaXtec Climate Sensor is designed to provide continuous measurement of environmental factors such as ambient temperature and humidity levels. This data is wirelessly transmitted to the smaXtec Base Station or a smaXtec Repeater. The number of smaXtec Climate Sensors required depends on the size of the cow shed.
SCOPE OF DELIVERY
The smaXtec Climate Sensor package contains the following components:
- 1x Climate Sensor
- 4x screws and 4x wall plugs for mounting
- 1x Drill template
- 1x Quickstart-Guide
Follow the steps described in the Quickstart Guide provided and please ensure they are carried out correctly.
- Activation in smaXtec Messenger – menu option “Add device”: It is necessary to activate the device so that the device can be correctly assigned to a user and used in smaXtec Messenger.
- Switch on using the magnet provided ( the magnet is included in delivery with the smaXtec Base Station):
- Switch on by holding the magnet in front of the On/Off symbol
- Power LED glows yellow for 1 second
- Connection (takes approx. 1 second) to the smaXtec Base Station/Repeater (wireless network)
- Connection OK (connected to the smaXtec Base Station/Repeater) – LED lights up green for 3 seconds
- Connection NOT OK – LED flashes red 5 times: smaXtec Climate Sensor then automatically switches off –> switch on again for new connection attempt
Note – how to switch off the device:
The smaXtec Climate Sensor can be switched off using the magnet. Simply hold the magnet in front of the On/Off symbol again – LED glows red for 3 seconds.
The technical details of smaXtec Climate Sensor:
- Model: CS-5046 (EU and other countries)
- Model: US-5046 (North and South America)
- Dimensions: 120 x 90 x 50 mm (L x B x H)
- Dustproof and waterproof plastic casing (IP 66)
- Internal antenna
- Internal Li-Ion battery
- Measurement interval: 10 min
- Measurement range (relative humidity): 0 – 100% RH
- Measurement range (temperature): -40 – +80°C/-40 – +176°F
- Measurement accuracy (temperature; 5 – 60°C/41 – 140°F): ± 0.3 °C/± 0.54°F
- Measurement accuracy (relative humidity; 20 – 80% RH): ± 2% RH
- Battery life: up to 5 years
The following pages might also be of interest for you: